A Two-In-One? Written by a Born-Again-Evangelical-Confirmed-Roman-Catholic (I don’t want to get too fancy on the names- I’m simply a Spirit born and Spirit led believer in God-Manifest in Flesh- Jesus the Christ)
[I start all my premises with this fact: The Catholic Church believe all the books of the Holy Bible were inspired and infused with a lively power for the good news to cause New Birth. The Evangelical Church to the majority me thinx believe just the same About the Holy Bible.]
Many have no idea what the offices of the Christian Churches are, what the gifts of the Spirit are, what the Fruit of the Spirit is, what Love is according to the NT (NT Bible)slash God the Great Teacher of all things, and which- in all of this diversity- is the greatest- being- Faith, Hope, and Love- the greatest of these love.
Fruit of the Spirit
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
The New Testament’s Definition of Love
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails.
Gifts of the Spirit
We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith;7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
Manifestation-Gifts (they just manifest in a body like the wind)
Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.
Office-Gifts: office simply means a position in the order of things in the churches or Your God Given Calling
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.28 And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues.
[For my “oh you of little to no faith” friends- the humanists with their manifesto, or the secularists with their majority and up against a logic that doesn’t say- “The many are always right.” I want to ask:
- How would you know if someone had a gift of the Spirit or not?
- How would you know if someone had the fruit of the Spirit?
- How would you know if the person you are speaking with does or doesn’t have a God given Calling slash Office in the churches world-wide?
- If you are a Christian, how do you know or not know what your calling and gifting of the Spirit is?
- Are you saying:” Of the hundreds of millions of Christians around the globe where every miracle and answer to prayer are being claimed as fact are really to be merely chalked up to ‘Coincidence.” E.g. Just because X-person is W he/she has no calling nor office nor gifting of the Holy Spirit and I chalk it all up to Insanity or Coincidence- whatever X says in the name of God. Yet, suppose a handful of others said X-person always had an obvious office and gifts of the Spirit. What makes your claim true and theirs false? Quote/Unquote
I’m going to develop this in a more list-like lay-out later and I know- it all sounds so Cerebral – but, it’s not- it’s a faith as simple as that of a child’s faith- these things I speak of.]
“He is There and He is Not Silent”